The MRK-Systeme GmbH (http://www.mrk-systeme.de/) is a robotic system inte-grator and was founded in 2004. It delivers automation solutions for many differ-ent industrial sectors. The focus is directed to applications which harness modern safety technology to enable human-robot collaboration. Aside from the technical feasibility MRK-Systeme also focuses on the legal aspects. MRK-Systeme's robotic systems are listed on the BG (official body in Germany) web page as successful cer-tified collaborative robotic systems.
Furthermore MRK-Systeme is involved in different research projects on national and EU level and is well connected with many universities.
The turnover in 2014 was about 1.3 million € with 14 full-time employees.
MRK act as a System integrator in Team FLA²IR. MRK is responsible for driver interfaces, safety considerations for humans and robot arms working in close proximity and hardware development of end effector prototypes.
MRK-Systeme has implemented several applications with different human-robot collaboration scenarios. MRK-Systeme also participated in two projects in the au-tomotive sector, which are similar to the addressed use-case. In these projects the safety technology package “SafeInteraction” of MRK-Systeme was used for feasibility studies under production-oriented conditions.
Previous successful projects:
- CustomPacker: EU-project in the FP 7 programme. Development of a collabo-rative robot system for customer goods packaging robot
- Robo-Mate: Intelligent exoskeleton based on human-robot interaction for ma-nipulation of heavy goods in Europe’s factories of the future. GA no. 608979, FP7.FoF.NMP.2013
- BMBF – AMIKA (Inklusion durch Innovation: Adaptive Mensch-Maschine-Schnittstellen für komplexe Automationssysteme): adaptive human-machine interfaces for complex
- Experience in industrial system integration, especially in automotive industry
- Safety technology and standardization
- Electrical and mechanical design of robot cells
- Risk analysis, CE certification