Organisation: Institute for Systems and Computer Engineering of Porto (INESC TEC)
Address: INESC TEC, FEUP campus, Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, 4200 - 465 Porto, Portugal
Contact: Prof. José Luis Lima (Tel: +351 967 087 858, jllima(at)ipb.pt)
- António Paulo G. M. Moreira (FEUP/INESC TEC)
- Pedro Luis C. Gomes da Costa (FEUP/INESC TEC)
- Armando Jorge Sousa (FEUP/INESC TEC)
- Pedro Miguel Santos Tavares (FEUP)
- Andry Maykol G. Pinto (INESC TEC)
- Luís André Freitas da Rocha (INESC TEC)
- Heber Miguel Plácido Sobreira (INESC TEC)
- LEduardo João Silva Varão Moreira (INESC TEC)
The team in composed by 3 MSc students in Electrical and Computer Engineering (awarded the international EUR-ACE quality label), by 4 researchers of the Robotics and Intelligent Systems Unit (ROBIS) of the Institute for Systems and Computer Engineering of Porto (INESC TEC), one of is the Unit Coordinator, and teachers from the Faculty of Engineering of University of Porto (FEUP) and Bragança Polytechnic Institute.
The activity at INESC TEC runs under the paradigm of the knowledge to value production chain: Knowledge and results generated at research are typically injected in technology transfer projects and therefore they receive added social relevance. The ROBIS unit has a vast and consolidate experience in the development and deployment of advanced systems and technologies for oceanographic and environment field studies, forestry management, flexible manufactured robotic systems and mobile robots. The composed team aggregates different areas of interest for the competition, as described in short bio and publications. Moreover, the composed team is involved in several national and European projects related to the EUROC topics.
António Paulo Moreira, (Ph.D 1998) is currently an Associated Professor in Electrical Engineering and is the Coordinator of the ROBIS Unit of INESC TEC. He has authored more than 130 peer reviewed papers and coordinated several industrial and scientific projects. Areas: Industrial manipulators and mobile robotics.
José Luis Lima (Ph.D 2009) is a Professor in the Electrical Engineering Department of the Polytechnic Institute of Bragança. He has published more than 40 papers in international scientific journals and conference proceedings. Areas: Artificial vision, mobile robots and automation.
Pedro Gomes da Costa (Ph.D 2010) is a Professor in Electrical Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering of University of Porto. Areas: path planning, Areas: Path planning, Real-Time Control.
Armando Jorge Sousa (ph.D 2004) is a Professor in Electrical Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering of University of Porto. Areas: Real time vision, sensor fusion, localisation.
- “Manipulator Path planning for pick-and-place operations with obstacles avoidance: an A* algorithm approach”, Silva, JR, Costa, PG, Lima, JL, FAIM 2013 - 23rd International Conference Flexible Automation and Intelligent Manufacturing, Porto, Portugal, (2013).
- “Part Alignment Identification and Adaptive Pick-andplace Operation for Flat Surfaces”, Costa, PM, Costa, PJ, Costa, PG, Lima, JL, Veiga, G, FAIM 2013 - 23rd International Conference Flexible Automation and Intelligent Manufacturing, Porto, Portugal, June, (2013).
- "High-level robot programming based on CAD: dealing with unpredictable environments", Pedro Neto, Nuno Mendes, Ricardo Araújo, J. Norberto Pires, A. Paulo Moreira, Industrial Robot: An International Journal, Vol. 39 Iss: 3, pp.294 – 303 (2012).
- “High-level programming and control for industrial robotics: using a hand-held accelerometer-based input device for gesture and posture recognition", Neto, P, Pires, JN, Moreira, AP, Emerald Industrial Robot, Vol. 37, Nº 2, Pages 137-147 (2010).
- "Self Localization of an Autonomous Robot: Using an EKF to merge Odometry and Vision based Landmarks", Sousa, AJ, Costa, PJ, Moreira, AP, Carvalho, AS, Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation – ETFA 2005 – Italy – pp. 227-234, vol. 1, (2005).