Organisation: Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology (BUT, FIT)
Address: Bozetechova 2, 61266 Brno, Czech Republic
Contact: Dr. Jaroslav Rozman (Tel: +420 54114-1190, rozmanj(at)fit.vutbr.cz)
The team BUTFIT2 comes from robotic research group Robo@FIT and his members are focused on research and development in path planning, navigation and control, obstacle avoidance, image/video/depth data algorithms and machine vision techniques. The resources available to the group include standard computer equipment, computational clusters, and also several robotic platforms (PR2, Pioneer 3-AT, PatrolBot or AscTec Pelican and also Mitsubishi Melfa workcell with Kinect and Axis cameras).
The team members build on expertise from project like R3-COP where BUT developed and integrated modular system into the unmanned forklift agents. This system consists of environment analysis, obstacle detection, classification and tracking, reasoning and path planning for obstacle avoidance. The team members further participated on manipulation in project of Rescue robot initiated by Ministry of the Interior of Czech Republic.
The BUTFIT2 team has also significant track in ROS (Robotic Operating System) open-source community, where we published several software components for 3D environment modelling, assisted arm navigation and grasping and stereoscopic visualization.
Although the areas of expertise of team members slightly overlap, tasks can be divided as follows: Ing. Jaroslav Rozman, Ph.D. and ing. Radim Luza will be responsible for object detection and path planning modules. Alfredo Ch. Plascencia, Ph.D. and Ing. Zdenek Materna will be responsible for control of the manipulator and gripper using wrist torque/force sensor. Ing. Vitezslav Beran, Ph.D., Ing. Michal Spanel, Ph.D. and ing. David Chrapek will be responsible for visual tracking and signal processing. Ing. Michal Kapinus will be responsible for gripper control, technical and ROS support, experiments and simulations.
The team reuses some already developed modules and scientific results, mainly from finished or running projects.
- LUZA Radim, ROZMAN Jaroslav and ZBORIL Frantisek V. Remote Controlling of the Robotic Arm Mitsubishi Melfa. In: Informatics 2013. Kosice: Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics, University of Technology Kosice, 2013, pp. 329-334. ISBN 978-80-8143-127-2.
- ROZMAN Jaroslav and ZBORIL Frantisek V. Path planning and traversable area marking for stereo vision-based 3D map building. International Journal of Computational Vision and Robotics (IJCVR). Bhubaneswar: Inderscience Publishers, 2011, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 277-289. ISSN 1752-914X.
- MATERNA Zdenek, SPANEL Michal, MAST Marcus, BERAN Vitezslav, WEISSHARDT Florian, BURMESTER Michael and SMRZ Pavel. A Remote User Interface for Semi-Autonomous Robots for Elderly Care. International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems. Vienna: InTech - Open Access Publisher, 2014, vol. 2014, no. 11, pp. 1-12. ISSN 1729-8806.
- VELAS Martin, SPANEL Michal, MATERNA Zdenek and HEROUT Adam. Calibration of RGB Camera With Velodyne LiDAR. In: WSCG Full Papers Proceedings. Plzen, 2014, pp. 1-10.
- HULIK Rostislav, SPANEL Michal, MATERNA Zdenek and SMRZ Pavel. Continuous Plane Detection in Point-cloud Data Based on 3D Hough Transform. Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation. Amsterdam: Elsevier Science, 2013, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 86-97. ISSN 1047-3203.
MICR Rescue Robot: BUTFIT2_RescueRobot_ref.pdf