Organisation: Computer Vision Group, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Address: Jose Gutierrez Abascal 2, 28006 Madrid, Spain
Contact: Prof. Pascual Campoy Cervera (Tel: +34 913363061, pascual.campoy@upm.)
- Aneesh Chauhan (UPM-CVG)
- Adrian Carrio (UPM-CVG)
- Jesus Pestana (UPM-CVG)
- Jose Luis Sanchez‐Lopez (UPM-CVG)
- Ramon Suarez (UPM-CVG)
- Fu Changhong (UPM-CVG)
- Jean François Collumeau (UPM-CVG)
CVG-UPM has a large experience in using Vision for increasing the autonomy of UAV. Its research activities, projects and publications can be seen at www.vision4uav.com.
Participation in international competitions with UAVs
In 2013 we won First Prize in “Indoors Autonomy” at IMAV 2013 and in 2012 we obtained the Special Award on "Best Automatic Performance" at IMAV 2012 and the second overall prize in the category "Indoor Flight Dynamics ‐ Rotary Wing MAV". In August 2014 we are inscribed for participating in the IARC14 competition in the Yantai (China) venue.
Participating persons and complementary skills
We aim at participating in both tracks within the Challenge 3. The task leader for the first track will be Dr. Aneesh Chauhan, who has a large experience in point cloud data processing through a PhD on Visual Recognition plus a post doc projection lidar data recognition taken from aerial vehicles. The task leader of second track will be Adrian Carrio, an experienced PhD student working in See&Avoid and visual control. Jesus Pestana and Jose Luis Sanchez will help in both tasks while doing a research stay abroad and making profit of their experience as team responsibles in above mentioned international competitions. Fu Changhong, Ramon Suarez and Jeff Collumeau will eventually help while working in other projects in the Group.
The whole list of related publications can be seen at www.vision4uav.eu. Here are some recent, relevant publications related to EuRoC:
- “Robust Real-time Vision-based Aircraft Tracking From Unmanned Aerial Vehicles” in ICRA 2014 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Hong Kong, China, May 31 - June 7, 2014
- “HMPMR strategy for real-time tracking in aerial images, using direct methods” in the journal Machine Vision and Applications, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, June 2014
- “A General Purpose Configurable Controller for Indoors and Outdoors GPS-Denied Navigation for Multirotor Unmanned Aerial Vehicles” in Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, Volume 73, Issue 1-4, pp 387-400Springer Netherlands, January 2014.
- “Monocular Visual-Inertial SLAM-‐Based Collision Avoidance Strategy for Fail-Safe UAV Using Fuzzy Logic Controllers” in Journal: Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, Volume 73, Issue 1-4, pp 513-533, Springer Netherlands, January 2014