Organisation: Institute for Computer Science and Control, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Address: Kende u. 13-17, 1111 Budapest, Hungary
Contact: András Majdik (Tel: +36 1 279 6158, majdik(at)sztaki.hu)
Gergely Regula, PhD – research fellow, MTA SZTAKI – SCL, expert on quadrotor navigation and control.
Tamás Péni, PhD – senior r. f., MTA SZTAKI – SCL, expert on constrained control and trajectory generation.
Bálint Vanek, PhD – head of the Aerospace guidance, Navigation and Control group, MTA SZTAKI – SCL, research experience with cooperative UAVs, sensor fusion and navigation.
Szabolcs Németh – MSc stud., MTA SZTAKI – DEVA, research experience with vision and depth sensing.
András Fekete – MSc stud., MTA SZTAKI – DEVA, experience in mechatronics, embedded systems.
Tamás Szirányi, PhD – scientific adviser, Head of Distributed Events Analysis Research Laboratory (DEVA), MTA SZTAKI, research experience with image analysis, pattern recognition, intelligent networked sensor systems, and measuring and testing the image quality.
András Majdik, PhD – research fellow, MTA SZTAKI – DEVA, research experience with vision based localization of MAVs, sensor fusion, visual SLAM.
The Institute for Computer Science and Control, Hungarian Academy of Sciences (MTA SZTAKI) is one of the largest research and development institution in Hungary. The team for the EuRoC challenge is composed by members of the Systems and Control Laboratory (SCL) and Distributed Events Analysis Research Laboratory (DEVA).
Members of the SCL have long experience with operating indoor and outdoor unmanned aerial vehicles, indoor positioning, and sensor fusion (including visual-inertial-GNSS sensors). Besides theoretical results the group has extensive knowledge of implementing estimation and control algorithms on embedded control devices and designing control system hardware components for real time implementation, including sensory and actuation aspects.
The goal of the DEVA group is the interpretation and organization of information coming from signals of freely distributed or embedded sensors, mainly of video feeds coming from multimedia-, image- range- and sound-sensors. Also, the evaluation, recognition and classification of events occurring in different location and time. A new research objective of the group is to develop multimodal perception for Micro Air Vehicles (MAV), and to integrate MAVs in sensor networks.
- Vanek, B., Péni, T., Bokor, J. and Balas, G.: Practical approach to real-time trajectory tracking of UAV formations. American Control Conference 2005
- Peni, T: Feedback design methods for cooperative and constrained control problems. PhD Thesis, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, 2009
- Zsedrovits, T., Zarándy, Á., Vanek, B., Péni, T., Bokor, J. and Roska, T. Collision avoidance for UAV using visual detection. IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems. (ISCAS), 2011
- Gőzse, I., Soumelidis, A. and Vanek, B.: Realization of an Optical Indoor Positioning System Based on TFT Technology. 6th European Conference on Mobile Robots (ECMR), 2013
- Regula G.: Formation Control of Autonomous Aerial Vehicles, Phd Thesis, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, 2014
- Majdik, A., Verda, D., Albers-Schoenberg, Y., and Scaramuzza, D. MAV localization and position tracking from textured 3d cadastral models. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2014
- Majdik, A., Albers-Schoenberg, Y., and Scaramuzza, D. MAV urban localization from Google street view data. IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2013
- Majdik, A., Galvez-Lopez, D., Lazea, G., and Castellanos, J. A. Adaptive appearance based loop-closing in heterogeneous environments. IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2011
- Havasi, L., Kiss, A., Spórás, L., Szirányi, T. Calibrationless sensor fusion using linear optimization for depth matching. Int. Workshop on Combinatorial Image Analysis: IWCIA, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2014
- Kovács, L., Kovács, A., Utasi, Á., Szirányi, T. Flying target detection and recognition by feature fusion, Optical Engineering 51:(11), 2012
- Máttyus, G., Benedek, Cs., Szirányi, T. Multi Target Tracking on Aerial Videos. ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences; XXXVIII-1/W17, 2010.