- Marcel Hörz (University of Koblenz-Landau)
- Simon Schauß (University of Koblenz-Landau)
- Andreas Schmidt (University of Koblenz-Landau)
- Trevor Hollmann (University of Koblenz-Landau)
- Tim Budweg (University of Koblenz-Landau)
- Julia Chevalier (University of Koblenz-Landau)
- Alexander Ott (University of Koblenz-Landau)
Prof. Frey leads the computer networks and technical computer science research group of the university of Koblenz-Landau. His research interests include both graph theoretical/algorithmic research as well as applied research on wireless networking, sensor networks and sensor actuator networks. The latter includes the interplay of wireless nodes on the ground and flying service robots for wireless network deployment and maintanance.
The participating team consists of Bachelor and Master students. The team will work on the challenges in the course of a practical robotics course offered at the University of Koblenz-Landau. The main goal of this course is to deepen the theoretical knowledge gained in severed robotics and computer vision lectures by solving practical and scientifically relevant tasks.
The supervision by Prof. Frey adds experience of several years running project groups applying quadcopters to build sensor/actor networks. Research tasks considered so far include: quadcopter based sensor coverage and wireless network formations , quadcopter based autonomous sensor node deployment [2,3], and spotting a sensor in a field by a quadcopter .
- Juergen Eckert; Hermann S. Lichte; Falko Dressler; Hannes Frey: "On the Feasibility of Mass-Spring-Relaxation for Simple Self-Deployment". In Proc. of the 8th IEEE Int. Conf. on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems (DCOSS). 2012.
- Rafael Funke; Hannes Frey: "Iterative Sensor Node Deployment with Channel Quality Feedback". In Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems. Pages 402-408. 2013.
- Marcel Bähr; Hannes Frey; Eric Klemp; Lars Schmidt: "Im freien Fall". In Proc. of rapidX: Produktentwicklung und additive Fertigung. Nr. 3. 2012.
- Florentin Neumann, Rafael Funke, Frank Bohdanowicz, Dominik Mosen, Hannes Frey, Ivan Stojmenovic, "Spot the Sensor: Quadcopter Assisted Sensor Network Deployment Based on RSSI Measurements", in Proc. of 30th ACM/SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing (SAC 2015).