- Mario Innocenti (UNIPI)
- Francesco Di Corato (UNIPI)
- Alessandro Coppelli (UNIPI)
- Ciro Potena (UNIPI)
- Stefano Aringhieri (UNIPI)
Team UNIPI is composed of faculty, staff, graduate and master students with previous expertise in Guidance Navigation and Control applied to unmanned vehicles.
The persons in team UNIPI had previous experiences and significant expertise in both theoretical and applied/experimental research on both tracks of Challenge 3. Projects developed at University of Pisa include:
- Design and implementation of inertial navigation systems (both for research and commercial projects)
- Vision aided inertial navigation systems
- Vision systems for formation flight and aerial refueling
- Vision based obstacle detection and avoidance.
- Guidance Navigation and Control systems for unammned vehicles (including quadrotors).
Relevant publications can be found on personnel web pages at www.unipi.it.
In addition, even if not strictly connected with the Stage I tasks, UNIPI team members have a significant experience in other research areas that are relevant to Challenge 3 like: