Organisation: University “Dunarea de Jos” of Galati
Address: Str. Domneasca 47, 800008 Galati, Romania
Contact: Ioan Susnea (Tel: +40742271976, ioan.susnea(at)ugal.ro)
The members of the proposed team are with the Department of Control Engineering, and Department of Computer and Information Technology of the University “Dunarea de Jos” of Galati, Romania (Faculty of Automatic Control, Computer Science and Electrical Engineering).
Ioan Susnea, PhD, holds a MSC degree in Electronics Engineering and a PhD in Control Engineering with a thesis on Robotics. He is currently Associate Professor at the Department of Computer and Information Technology.
Adrian Filipescu, PhD, is full Professor and head of the Robotics Lab at the University "Dunarea de Jos" of Galati.
Razvan Solea, PhD, is also member of the Robotics Lab, and holds a PhD degree in Robotics. He is currently holdind a position of Lecturer at the University “Dunarea de Jos” of Galati.
Marian Craciun, PhD, Lecturer at the University “Dunarea de Jos” of Galati, specilizes in software engineering and AI.
Cristian Niculita is a PhD student specializing in software engineering.
The proposed team comprises 3 members having extensive experience in Robotics research, and 2 younger and talented members specializing in software engineering and Artificial Intelligence.
Here is a very short list of their relevant publications:
- Susnea, I., Vasiliu, G., Filipescu, A., & Radaschin, A. (2009). Virtual pheromones for real-time control of autonomous mobile robots. Studies in Informatics and Control, 18(3), 233-240.
- Susnea, I., Filipescu, A., Vasiliu, G., Coman, G., & Radaschin, A. (2010, June). The bubble rebound obstacle avoidance algorithm for mobile robots. In Control and Automation (ICCA), 2010 8th IEEE International Conference on (pp. 540-545). IEEE.
- Filipescu, A., Dugard, L., & Dion, J. M. (2003, December). Adaptive gain sliding observer based sliding controller for uncertain parameters nonlinear systems. Application to flexible joint robots. In Decision and Control, 2003. Proceedings. 42nd IEEE Conference on (Vol. 4, pp. 3537-3542). IEEE.
- Solea, R., & Nunes, U. (2007). Trajectory planning and sliding-mode control based trajectorytracking for cybercars. Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering, 14(1), 33-47.
- Gini, G., Craciun, M. V., König, C., & Benfenati, E. (2004). Combining unsupervised and supervised artificial neural networks to predict aquatic toxicity. Journal of chemical information and computer sciences, 44(6), 1897-1902.